Friday, June 17, 2011

It is all in the simple things!

I have learned so much in this short time that I have been here. When I first started being a missionary it was hard, hard to adapt to the schedule, hard to understand the language, hard to speak the language, hard wanting to do more more but being unable to(I feel, even now, very impatient with myself, Is this normal or I am the only one that feels this way?), hard feeling inadequate and useless.
But I kept trying, no matter how many times I failed I tried again and didn't give up. I know that I am not perfect and that I fall short every single day but the important thing is that I use the Atonement in my life in everything that I do. I know that Christ will make up the difference for all that I am unable to do as long as I put forth my 100%.
I testify the importance of following our Savior and doing the things that He commands us to do especially when life gets hard. I read this amazing talk this week that touched my heart it said that everything that we experience and trial and temptation every hard time that he have gives us the opportunity to grow and become more like our Savior. For example when we have a co-worker that is intolerable and annoying it gives us the opportunity to have patience like our Savior. Or the oppurtunity to have charity to others or the opportunity to have humility. When times get hard and we look to our Savior and do what He did we become stronger and more like Him. We are so lucky that He is willing to help us through it all. We do not have to do it alone he wants to help us and will if we do our part everyday.

There is a false idea out in the world that tells us that it is easier to not do the simple things everyday, it is easier not to go to church every week no matter what is is easier to not read our scriptures every day, it is easier not to pray every day. But that is Satan. This concept is misleading and the way is the harder way. I know that life is so much easier when we do this things without fail why? "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Mathew 11:30) we will still have the same trials but the difference is that we have the privilege of the Holy Spirit to be with us and we have the Lord's help with us as we face our challenges, and in this way they become easier. The Lord not only suffered for our sins but our trials, sicknesses and afflictions and temptations as well. (Alma 7: 11-13) This is the easier thing to do. I cannot express enough the importance because I have seen what happens to good people, strong people, great people when they do not do these 3 things without fail, and I have seen it it mine own life! There is power in the simple things. My understanding, perception of life and my faith are continually growing as I apply the principles that Christ taught and I know that this is the same for everyone
Thank you all and do something fun to celebrate the beginning of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment