Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Jeweler

Me and my companion and I have this friend that is a jeweler. We met him on the street on day and after talking to him we saw the sweetness in his character. We went over yesterday to go on a walk with him and he thought that it would be cool to show us his workplace which was in his apartment. A jeweler's workplace... how sweet! He started to show us how he fixes old and damaged jewelry and how he can create new jewelry from scratch pieces of metal. It was amazing!!
I have this ring that has been damaged for almost a year and I happened to have it with me. He took the ring, fixed it and shined it. After he was done it looked brand new.It didnt evern take very long and before I new it it was like I had a new ring. He did this out of the kindness of his heart, I would have done it myself but I did not have the tools or the skill set to complete the task. I was very thankful annd I expressed my gratitude with the only things that I had to give which was my words of honest gratitude. I keep looking at my ring and wondering to myself why had not done this earlier.

This simple experience that we had has alot of different applications to life but I think that best application has to do with our Savior. He is the Master Healer, the Master Creator as the Bible teaches us " He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see, and raising the dead." (The Living Christ). When He was on the earth He healed people physically and spiritually. And my testimony to you today is the He hasnt stopped His work. He can fix us, he can make us whole, new perfected, he can heal our wounds of our soul. He can recreate pieces of ourselves that have been destroyed. But the question is are we going to take our problems and sickness to Him so that he can heal them? He respects are agency, our ability to chose and so He is going to let us exercise that ability, but my question is what are you going to do with yours?
I know that He can heal us and that He will we just have to get our ring out and give it to Him and let Him do His work.
For He lives!
So let Him heal you!


The Living Christ
http://lds.org/study/living-christ?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment