Sunday, July 3, 2011

Baptism!

We had a baptism today! It was amazing! I thank God for the opportunity to teach people who are already prepared to receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. We received a gift from God being able to the the conversion of this wonderful woman and my own testimony grew as I saw her faith and her progression toward a life as a faithful woman who makes and keeps covenants (a 2- way promise with our Heavenly Father)  we teach and the spirit testifies to us both of the wonderful blessings that are in store when we follow the commandments of God. We could feel the spirit, despite all the distractions we all were uplifted and the heavens rejoiced! The angels were cheering in heaven for the beautiful evet that happened with the promise of many more joyous things to come.
I say distractions because there were kids, little kids that were rambunctious. The baptism was after 3 hours at church and as a little kids it is hard to stay quiet for that long I remember quiet well... I remember one time when I was six I was twirling down the aisle and I accidentally fell and hit my head in the middle of sacrament meeting.... oops! I not soon after went to the ER because I was bleeding.
So kids will be kids and the Lord loves kids in fact He said
"Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."                                    -Matthew 18:3 
Be converted and become as children? I have a lot of experience working with kids and I have stories... But the Lord wasn't talking about being rambunctious or irreverentor loud because they havn't yet learned the rules of a culture are yet fully understand the differnt between right and wrong. No, little children are the first to love the first to forgive, the first to believe the first to be humble enough to ask a question and say that they do not understand. If you don't believe me go hang out with a little child and you will see a sweet spirit and we come to understand more fully the words of Christ

1 comment:

  1. We were all little kids once. :) I love how Christ tells us to be more childlike. Not childISH, but more loving and forgiving and trusting and innocent, as the little ones are. :)

    ReplyDelete